ACT Canada is the payment and digital identity stakeholder association that brings together issuers, merchants, acquirers, payment networks, regulators and the industry who support them with products and services. By providing a neutral forum, ACT Canada helps members from around the world protect their interests, advance their causes, build their business and grow the market by providing insights, networking and visibility. ACT Canada helps members understand complex issues, facilitate problem resolutions and filter the truth from market noise. Members benefit because stakeholder dialogue drives profitable decisions.
- Continue to be the pre-eminent, internationally-recognized authority in the market, respected for our contributions to member initiatives
- Manage our international and domestic resource networks to monitor issues and analyze opportunities in our evolving market
- Help members increase revenues, decrease costs and reduce risks by creating knowledge, sharing insights and connecting people
- Champion strategic leadership teams in the introduction of market-changing activities to grow the market, adapt to change and resolve issues
- Grow and retain membership by providing practical, relevant and ever-evolving services for our members
- Manage finances responsibly to ensure the long-term viability of our association and maximize value for our members.
ACT Canada will continue to be recognized domestically and internationally as the trusted, objective, world-class knowledge resource and catalyst for change, working on behalf of members from all facets of the ecosystem to help them leverage opportunities, confront challenges and advance their business in a rapidly changing marketplace.
- Recognized as a neutral and credible voice, successfully advocating on behalf of our members
- Acknowledged worldwide as the key ambassador for new payment and secure identification technologies in Canada
- Known for providing vital, accurate and timely information to suppliers, users, regulators and other stakeholders
- Accepted as the key purveyor of a broad-based network and deep knowledge of the Canadian and international market, built over a 27 year history
- Trusted to forecast trends, manage issues and provide historical context, perspective and insights for the benefit of all members
- Renowned as the champion for secure identity and authentication initiatives in the move to prevent fraud.
Our base consists of leaders, decision-makers and active participants from all sectors of the secure payments, authentication and identity management business. Sectors represented include financial, government, retail, suppliers, integrators, consultants, transit and transportation, insurance, transaction processors and legal.
An international non-profit association federally incorporated in 1989.
We are funded by membership fees, event revenues, partners and sponsors programs and consulting revenues.
We are governed by a member-elected Board of Directors, comprised of thought leaders from the user and supplier communities:
Ingenico Canada Ltd.
Central 1 Credit Union
Vice ChairCraig Reiff
Vice President, Consumer Products
Treasurer & Past ChairOwen Gingras
Walmart Canada Corp.
Senior Director of Operations and Technology
Corporate SecretaryTodd Roberts
Senior Vice President, Enterprise Innovation
Chief Marketing OfficerChristian Ali
Chief Marketing Officer
Executive Director, CanadaKamuran Altinbilek
Executive Director, Canada
Senior Vice President and Group HeadJeremy Bornstein
Senior Vice President and Group Head
Canadian Product LeadJoanne Borsella
Canadian Product Lead
Director Development and StandardizationPawel Chrobok
Director Development and Standardization
Head of Mobile InnovationDerek Colfer
Head of Mobile Innovation
PrincipalNino Di Teodoro
Di Teodoro Consulting
Head, Innovation & PartnershipsJeff Ecker
TD Merchant Solutions
Head, Innovation & Partnerships
Vice President Payment SolutionsDoug Hatton
Vice President Payment Solutions
VP N.A Business DevelopmentRobert Hayhow
VP N.A Business Development
VP Sales for Secure TransactionsBrian Hirman
VP Sales for Secure Transactions
Head - External AffairsCaroline Hubberstey
Interac Association/Acxsys Corporation
Head - External Affairs
DeepWorks Consulting Inc.
Partner, Financial Services Leader, Ontario AdvisoryDoug Macdonald
Partner, Financial Services Leader, Ontario Advisory
Managing DirectorSusan MacKeown
White Page Consulting Inc.
Canadian Payments LeadJonathan Magder
Canadian Payments Lead
Customer Relations DirectorWendy Maisey
ICC Solutions Ltd.
Customer Relations Director
President & Managing DirectorWillis Morettin
Giesecke & Devrient
President & Managing Director
Chief Operating OfficerSyndi Pak
Chief Operating Officer
Senior Manager, Credit Card OperationsRaymond St. Aubin
Senior Manager, Credit Card Operations
Head of Canada, AcceptanceFausto Rossi
Discover Financial Services
Head of Canada, Acceptance
Corporate CounselMartin H. Campbell
Mills & Mills