ACT Canada is the eyes, ears and voice for mobile, NFC, loyalty, secure payments, leveraging EMV and secure identity
ACT Canada is a non-profit association, federally-incorporated in 1989. As an educator, enabler, influencer and advocate for members, ACT Canada is the internationally-recognized authority, trusted knowledge resource and catalyst for change in payments and secure identity. We build bridges and break down barriers to support our members in their quest for competitive advantage in the payments, authentication and identity management space. We are the go-to resource for issuers, acquirers, merchants, regulators, brands, networks, governments, technology providers, integrators, industry associations, security specialists, gateways, processors, integrators, loyalty companies, transit systems, secure identity solution providers and many other stakeholders.
- Continue to be the pre-eminent, internationally-recognized authority in the market, respected for our contributions to member initiatives
- Manage our international and domestic resource networks to monitor issues and analyze opportunities in our evolving market
- Help members increase revenues, decrease costs and reduce risks by creating knowledge, sharing insights and connecting people
- Champion strategic leadership teams in the introduction of market-changing activities to grow the market, adapt to change and resolve issues
- Grow and retain membership by providing practical, relevant and ever-evolving services for our members
- Manage finances responsibly to ensure the long-term viability of our association and maximize value for our members.
ACT Canada will continue to be recognized domestically and internationally as the trusted, objective, world-class knowledge resource and catalyst for change, working on behalf of members from all facets of the ecosystem to help them leverage opportunities, confront challenges and advance their business in a rapidly changing marketplace.
- Recognized as a neutral and credible voice, successfully advocating on behalf of our members
- Acknowledged worldwide as the key ambassador for new payment and secure identification technologies in Canada
- Known for providing vital, accurate and timely information to suppliers, users, regulators and other stakeholders
- Accepted as the key purveyor of a broad-based network and deep knowledge of the Canadian and international market, built over a 22 year history
- Trusted to forecast trends, manage issues and provide historical context, perspective and insights for the benefit of all members
- Renowned as the champion for secure identity and authentication initiatives in the move to prevent fraud.
Our base consists of leaders, decision-makers and active participants from all sectors of the secure payments, authentication and identity management business. Sectors represented include financial, government, retail, suppliers, integrators, consultants, transit and transportation, insurance, transaction processors and legal.
An international non-profit association federally incorporated in 1989.
We are funded by membership fees, event revenues, partners and sponsors programs and consulting revenues.
We are governed by a member-elected Board of Directors, comprised of thought leaders from the user and supplier communities:
President & CEO
SecureKey Technologies Inc.
Vice President, Product Management
Walmart Canada Corp.
Director of Operations, Financial Services
DirectorNino Di Teodoro
TD Canada Trust
Senior Manager, Everyday Banking & Payments
Interac Association/Acxsys Corporation
Senior Vice President, Products, Services & Innovation
Vice President, Sales
ICC Solutions Ltd.
Customer Relations Director
Canadian Tire Bank
Manager, Chip Operations
General Manager & EVP Sales Americas
Corporate CounselMartin H. Campbell
Mills & Mills
Corporate SecretaryJoanne Borsella
J. Borsella Consulting