As is typical, we log http requests to our server. Our web server reporting function gathers general user-activity to indicate what information is important to our visitors, allowing us to discard web pages not used, and focus our efforts on information visitors use. We occasionally analyze the log files for maintenance purposes. Logged information is not disclosed outside of ACT Canada staff personnel or those under contract to conduct maintenance to web server components. The logs are permanently archived as raw research material.
- We do not automatically gather any personal information during visits to our site.
- We do not attempt to link information with the identity of any individual visiting our site.
- We do not use the information to create individual profiles on visitors to our site.
The following is the list of information that we are collecting:
- The originating IP (e.g. 188.8.131.52) address of an agent requesting a URL.
- The name of your service provider's server.
- Search engine phrases used to locate our site.
- Referral pages used to locate our site.
- Type of operating system (Windows, Macintosh, Unix, etc.).
- Type of browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.).
We can only obtain information such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address, if you supply it voluntarily by contacting us via e-mail or submitting a form. Furthermore, any such information is not provided to third party organizations.
The Chief Privacy Officer is responsible for compliance with the following fair information practices. Contact information is as follows:
Catherine Johnston, President & CEO
85 Mullen Drive, Ajax, ON, Canada, L1T 2B3
Tel: 1 905 426-6360, Fax: 1 905 619-3275
Web site privacy policies and privacy legislation
The actcda.com web site is compliant with the Government of Canada Privacy Act - http://www.priv.gc.ca/
Personal information collected by the ACT Canada.com web site is covered under the PIPED Act (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act) - http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/P-8.6/index.html and is subject to the same protection as any other collection.